CAREER ONLINE HIGH SCHOOL
Riverside County Library System, in partnership with the California State Library and Gale, part of the Cengage Learning, offers adults the opportunity to earn an accredited high school diploma and career certificate online through Career Online High School.
The library's pilot program provides a limited number of scholarships to qualified adult learners who are looking to expand their career opportunities, prepare for workforce entry and continue their education.
Career Online High School through the Riverside County Library System is open to eligible Riverside residents. Applicants who successfully complete an online self-assessment and prerequisite course, followed by an in-person interview, will be considered for enrollment.
Once enrolled in the program, Career Online High School pairs each student with an online academic coach, who provides the student with an individual career path, offers ongoing guidance, evaluates performance and connects the student with the resources needed to master the courses. Students will be given up to 18 months to complete the program.
About the Program
- Earn your high school diploma and a career certificate in your chosen field.
- Create a career portfolio containing your résumé and cover letters.
Attend online courses available 24/7.
- Spend at least 8-10 hours weekly on this self-paced program.
- Be assigned an academic coach who offers guidance and support.
- Complete 18 credits total (see Graduation Requirements) within 18 months.
- Average completion time is 12 months.
- By transferring credits from previously completed accredited high school courses, you may shorten your completion time.
- This is not a GED program; upon successful completion, you will receive an accredited high school diploma.
- Be aged 19 or older
- Live in Riverside County
- Have a valid Riverside County Library Card or be willing and eligible to apply for one
- Be willing to dedicate 8-10 hours per week on coursework
- Be comfortable reading, writing, and speaking in English
- Have basic computer and internet skills
- Have completed at least the 8th grade
Getting Started... It's as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Learn More:
Visit the Career Online High School Website:
To see if Career Online High School is a good fit, take the Online Self-Assessment.
RCLS will contact eligible applicants completing the Online Self-Assessment with enrollment instructions for a prerequisite course.
3. Prerequisite Course:
Within 2 weeks, enroll with your library card, complete the prerequisite course, and select one of 8 career options
Email email@example.com and our enrollment team will contact you, or visit the Career Online High School website for more information. Read the frequently asked questions.