As long as anyone can remember there has always been a library on “the Hill.” The first library opened in the Idyllwild Inn in 1920. The first consignment of books was received from Riverside County Library that July. It has grown and moved several times from cabin to shared space with an art gallery to storefront. Today, after several moves, a fire in 1945, a flood in 1978, several additions, remodels and expansions, the library has recently relocated to the Strawberry Creek Plaza on Village Center Dr.
It is a contemporary, bright, airy, 6400 square foot facility with a community room, a study room, inviting Children and Teen areas and a reading lounge with a fireplace. The staff continues the long tradition of friendly, helpful and knowledgeable service to the local community and offers a refreshed and up-to-date collection appealing to residents and vacationers alike.
Free Wireless Internet Available!